Pre-service Certificate in Teaching Skills
This program is designed for university graduates or those individuals who don't have any teaching experience and want to start a career in education. The Pre-Service Certificate in Teaching Skills helps individuals to prepare for a challenging and successful career in teaching.
Expectations for teachers are high in today's society. They must be prepared to effectively handle the challenges of a changing population of students with a variety of needs, expectations and backgrounds. Teachers are also expected to manage the far reaching changes that are taking place in and out of schools.
Around the world, at all levels, education policy and practice is focusing more and more on modern teaching methods, the direct application of teaching theories in the classroom, and improved assessment and evaluation. Individuals wishing to pursue their career in teaching should be aware of these concepts and be equipped with tools necessary for effective delivery and achieving desired outcomes. The Pre-Service Certificate in Teaching Skills promises would-be teachers the skills and knowledge to achieve these goals.
Training a teaching force is a lengthy process, and one that should be filled with high-quality learning experiences based on sound theoretical principles. Adequate time should be allotted for applying these theoretical principles to practice as well as for reflecting on one's learning. The Pre-service Certificate in Teaching Skills has a significant impact on the quality of teaching and the capacity of candidates to implement effective teaching practices when they enter the workforce.
The program has built-in practical sessions where each participant is attached to faculty members of Scholastica, a prestigious school in Bangladesh. They will get a unique opportunity to observe professionals in their day-to-day activities such as handling learners, taking the necessary preparation, implementing lessons, coordinating with stakeholders and much more.
- Understanding the needs of students
- The role of curriculum
- Planning and preparing lesson plans
- Child psychology
- Effective delivery and teaching methods
- Assessment of learners' progress and achievements
- Evaluation of the learning program and own performance
- Basic IT skills required for record keeping, documentation and assessment
- Applying for a teaching job; career planning
Benefits for Individuals:
- Increased employability and professional development: Individuals with formal evidence of structured learning and professional certification have a far greater chance of getting jobs than those who can only demonstrate subject knowledge. The certification can serve as the basis of a career in teaching.
- Saves Time: Individuals who have just graduated or wish to be a teacher can enroll in this program at any time and prepare themselves for entering the job market.
- Value for money: This qualification for individuals offers a high-quality, good value solution to professional development needs.
- IT skills enhancement: Apart from acquiring teaching skills, individuals will also experience application of IT skills in classroom teaching.
- Opportunity to observe, learn and apply: Since this program requires attachment with educational professionals working in Scholastica, candidates will have a first-hand exposure to classroom teaching of a global standard.
- Portfolio: Individuals will have a portfolio ready at the end of the program that can be shared with prospective employers.
- Pathway to an international benchmark: This program is a stepping stone for individuals to pursue the Cambridge International Diploma for Teachers and Trainers (CIDTT). Click here to learn more about this qualification.
- Duration: course is conducted over 4 months in the Fall and Spring Terms.
- Award: Upon successful completion, participants will be awarded a Certificate from SPEED.
- Location and Timing of Courses: Pre-service courses are offered on weekdays on SPEED premises in Dhanmondi.
- Trainers: SPEED's trainers are qualified and experienced teachers in their own right. They all follow a carefully-designed curriculum and teaching methods prescribed by SPEED. They are regularly observed and monitored by SPEED staff. Please click here to read about some of our regular trainers.
Please contact us for more information on cost, location and upcoming batches for the Pre-Service course.
Check out our training calendar to see what upcoming courses and workshops we are offering.