Education Management for School Leaders
SPEED offers a series of workshops designed to address the needs of school management and administrative staff.
Our workshops for school leaders enhance understanding of academic principles to design quality education programs. Our workshops also refresh and develop administrative skills to increase efficiency in various work processes in all areas of a school's operation. Finally, they builds leadership skills to manage faculty, management, parents and students effectively.
In today's fast-evolving education sector, the component of any job rests on two pillars - academics and administration. In an educational institution, principals and heads of section must not only have the academic background, but also knowledge about management and administrative functions and principles. The Education Management program at SPEED will allow school leaders to achieve necessary skills in the management and administration of schools to enhance the quality of schooling that is delivered.
The Education Management program comprises of academic program management and administrative management theory and concepts. The session content includes:
- school policies and procedures
- recruitment and training of faculty
- forecasting and budgeting
- health and safety, disaster management
- curriculum planning and lesson planning
- academic program management
- event planning and coordination
- campus administration
- correspondence with parents, handling parents
- managing student discipline and well-being
- leadership and supervisory skills
- advanced IT skills
- Workshop Structure: SPEED's workshops on Education Management are typically conducted over 3 or 6 hours on weekday afternoons or weekends.
- Award: Upon successful completion of a workshop, SPEED awards a Certificate of Participation.
- Trainers: SPEED's trainers are qualified and experienced management personnel, usually members of senior management, of different local schools. They all follow a carefully-designed curriculum and teaching methods prescribed by SPEED. They are regularly observed and monitored by SPEED staff. Please click here to read about some of our regular trainers.
Please contact us for more information on the Education Management workshops conducted by SPEED.
Check out our training calendar to see what upcoming courses and workshops we are offering.