SPEED offers a short course that addresses different topics related to office communication and correspondence. The course is designed to improve professional correspondence and communication, thereby increasing efficiency, productivity, team spirit and customer service.
The course can be taught as a series of day-long workshops or as a short course over a period of several weeks. The length of the course varies depending on the content to be covered and the seniority and experience of learners.
The Business Communication course typically covers the following topics:
- Written Correspondence
- Planning business correspondence
- Choosing the appropriate form of correspondence: letter, fax, memo, or e-mail
- Understanding the purpose and limitations of each form of correspondence
- Understanding and demonstrating the basic principles of acceptable business writing
- Formatting business letters and emails
- Professional language for different types of business letters or emails, namely letters of inquiry, proposal, complaint, response and refusal
- Avoid common mistakes in written correspondence
- Editing written correspondence efficiently and effectively
- Verbal Communication
- Speaking publicly with increasing confidence
- Verbally communicating with internal and external clients
- Conducting or participating in meetings efficiently and professionally
- Counseling or giving instructions in a proper and professional manner
- Managing conflicts through discussion and open communication
- Communicating successfully over telephone, maintaining office decorum
- Receiving guests and networking effectively
- Negotiating effectively
Please contact us for more information on our Business Communication workshops or short courses.