Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What is SPEED?
SPEED is a training and continuing education centre in Dhaka. We offer training programs for professionals and adults working in various professional contexts, including teaching, business and retail.
- What are the different courses at SPEED?
We offer courses in English Language, Teaching Skills, IT and Corporate Professional Development. We also offer youth development programs for young people aged 8-18. Please click here for more details.
- How well recognized are the different courses at SPEED. How much value does the SPEED certificate hold?
SPEED's courses are well recognized specially in the education and corporate sectors in the country. We have developed a reputation for excellence which means that mentioning SPEED workshops on your CV adds significant value!
Also, SPEED's CIDTT course is an internationally recognized diploma where the certification is provided by Cambridge International Examinations under the University of Cambridge.
- Which countries recognize the CIDTT certificate?
CIDTT is mostly recognized in North America and European countries as a continuing education Diploma for in-service teachers.
- Do you give assistance in getting a job in Scholastica after doing the Pre-Service course?
We do not give assistance in getting jobs in any particular school but many schools, including Scholastica, value this qualification highly. Taking the course with SPEED increases your chance of getting a job in Scholastica and other reputable schools. The course also provides assistance in preparing CVs, conducting job interviews, etc. which are very helpful to learn how to do well in the application process.
- Do you offer corporate trainings only in batches or do you also provide individual training?
We do both! We offer corporate training in batches from a single company, and we also have open enrolment workshops which individuals can attend.
- Do we need previous experience or specific educational qualification to enroll in CIDTT or Pre-service courses?
You do not need any previous experience to enroll in these courses; however, it is preferable to have a graduation in any discipline to enroll in the pre-service course.